Wild Factor has recently released the final update to Freaking Meatbags, bringing it out of Steam early access.
So what’s it all about? You’re a lowly cleaning robot tasked with collecting rubbish and the like from doomed planets. Your situation becomes even more dire as night falls – when savage wild robots come out to attack!
Luckily there are many suggestible humans milling about you can exploit.
What can you do in this RTS cum Shooter? Wild Factor explains:
- Fuse alien and human DNA: Create hybrids with special alien abilities by mixing DNA from two different meatbags. A human is useful, but a human with a rocket launcher arm is even more useful.
- Build offensive and defensive structures: Hold back the wild robot hordes while simultaneously pummelling them with lasers, missiles, bolts of electricity and your very own personal attack drones. 15 unique structures to create and upgrade.
- Enhance your base with technology: Influence the battlefield and manage your base with nine different pieces of buildable technology. Need to heal yourself? There’s tech for that. Want to build drones? Techfor that, too!
- Motivate your meatbags: The humans usually do what you ask. Unless they’re tired or bored or just plain apathetic. Fortunately there’s plenty of alien biotechnology you can implant to give them a little encouragement.
- Robotic enemies: Nobody knows where the wild robots come from, but they sure are well-armed. Eight unique enemy types that range from creepy crawly things to dashy explodey things.
- Boss robots: Three sinister bad guys to take out with your turrets. One of them has a giant brain. How do you figure it got in there?
- Multiple planets and environments to explore
- Four alien species to encounter, chat with and steal DNA from
- One giant trans-dimensional space squid
Why not have a gander at the trailer and screenshots below as well.